Let’s Talk About RelationshipsJune 26, 2013
Winter 2013-14 Shelter Newsletter is now online!November 20, 2013
Things are really ramping up for Christmas now. Gifts are arriving at the shelter, the winter newsletter is complete and we are all busy preparing for the many upcoming events and activities.
Thanks to all the Volunteers, Board members and Staff who came out and helped with the Thrift Store move and third party events. It is so nice to see so much support from within the shelter and the donors really appreciate it
- The Thrift Store- We received tremendous support from the community, staff and volunteers with the Thrift Store move. A special shout out to staff members Jan and Jessi who came to volunteer their time. Karen Leboe has been working very hard on all the logistics. We are now at the new location at #6-368 Industrial finishing up some construction work and should be open in a week or so. We’ll keep you posted.
- Cedar Creek Women and Wine Event- This popular event raised awareness and $2272 in cash and gift cards plus a van full of non-perishable food items and cleaning products. Wow! Thanks to all who volunteered on that cold day: Alice, Sharon B., Tracey, MJ, Jan, Morgan and Judy.
- 2nd Annual Melanie Lyne Fashion Show Fundraiser What a fun time we had. The clothes were so beautiful. Thanks to the lovely models, including our very own Crystal, and board members who spoke – Alice and Gail. The event raised $760 for the shelter.
- The Sensai-tional Ladies Night at the Cove was a very well attended and organized event. Great fun and food was had by all. Thanks to Sharon B, Gail, Crystal and the 10 volunteers who attended and represented the shelter. We should be receiving word soon on the totals raised.
- The Well Church –Members from the Well church came out to the shelter once again to help us out and painted our main entrance room – it looks all fresh and bright.